Friday, March 4, 2011

The Hunt for good customer service...

Let’s say you make an appointment with your local dealership to have an issue fixed on your car and they say due to the type of issue you don’t need to schedule an appointment just bring it in immediately to have it fixed. The issue was a tire leak. It simply wasn’t holding air for more than 12 hours at a time.

Okay – so I get to the dealer and they take the car in right away, but they don’t talk to me for another 20 minutes about the car. I see this as normal behavior, but as I mentioned to the lot boy who processed in my car that I have a hard stop time two hours from this point. The service manager who spoke to me said he would do his best to meet this requirement. I reiterated to him that this wasn’t a negotiable item as I had to pick up my daughter from daycare before they closed. At this point he stated that he understood the situation and would insure that it got done on time.

An hour passed and word came from the service area that my wheel was cracked and needed replacement. This was within 30 minutes of the hard stop time and the technician working on this said it would take only another 10-15 minutes to get it done and out the door. The service manager concurred with the time assessment. I gave them the green light to replace the wheel and expected my car in said time.

Okay, now 30 minutes has passed. I’m at my hard limit and I’m walking to the service manager to determine where my car is and why it is taking longer than stated. He had no clear explanation for me, but said he would check on it. He didn’t leave his seat for 20 minutes and didn’t make any calls in this time frame either. So now, I’m livid. I start to look for a “higher up” manager, I didn’t care who I just wanted someone who could light a fire to get me out the door. By the time I locate the appropriate manager, ~ 10 minutes I see my service manager trying to get my attention. He says that my car is done and that he was going to walk me over to the cashier to expedite the process. Bear in mind that I’m now over my hard stop time by 45 minutes and my patience is completed gone and now I’m just memorizing all of the events so I can explain the situation to the appropriate people at a later time. I’m worried that I won’t get to my girl in time and now I’m going to incur additional expenses because I’m late getting my girl.

Everyone and I do mean everyone at the dealership oversold their capabilities! This type of behavior is utterly unacceptable and should be reprimanded with a thousand lashes. Nothing is more important to me than someone’s word. If you state that you can deliver on a promise you damn well better make good on your word. Otherwise, you are simply a liar and someone who can’t be trusted further.

Bottom line – customer service is at an all-time low and I’m experiencing this at an alarming rate. Note to all those in the service industry – GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT IN LINE! I’m tired of the excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment