Monday, March 14, 2011

A Year's Hiatus From METRO And This Is What I Return To...

Something tells me that even with a devastating earthquake, the Japanese trains are keeping better time than WMATA these days. And then there's the renowned WMATA escalators. Always a source of amusement, they have become rather dangerous as of late. Witness my latest in a series of rants to METRO HQ:

----------
Dear WMATA:

More than likely, you have all missed my letters as of late. After a year hiatus, I'm back to riding your subways again. While I'm not thrilled with the higher prices and diminishing service, can you please do me one little favor?

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THE LOWER LEVEL, EAST SIDE ESCALATOR AT ROSSLYN? Twice in one week I have been walking down this apparatus and one of the risers collapsed inward on me, much like the recent accident at Foggy Bottom.

Want to save some money? How about avoiding law suits resulting from someone falling through the escalator and keep up with the maintenance, huh?

Your friend,

Captain Diplomacy

No comments:

Post a Comment