Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Proprietary Capitalism with a hint of sarcasm

In the realm of mobile phones I'm a curmudgeon. I believe that a person should get what they pay for! What happened to options? Their was a time you could purchase features you wanted and eliminate the ones you don't. Now if i want a phone that has a good calendar I have to purchase a data plan. What does email, web-surfing and text have to do with having a functional calendar? Phones are being forced down our throats because their cool, hip and a status symbol. "Wow look at my I-Phone how cool am I?" "Oh yeah i have the Droid!" Who gives a rip! Here's the issue, if you don't want or need all the functionality of a smart phone why are you forced to purchase it? However, if i chose to downgrade I don't want the phone to be straight out of 80's with a separate 20 pound F---ing battery pack . Cell phones are a pretty profitable enterprise at the moment. Anyone remember when the cell companies were sued and forced to have a graduated reduction in termination fees. The outcome of that was that the cell phones companies jacked the termination fees from 150 to 300 doubling the cost. Thanks litigators now if i want out of my contract i have to pay double how the H does that save me cash MORONS. The problem is home phones are going the way of the Dodo. Smart phones are cool and If you do want a one your gonna drop a minimum of 1200 a year and that's without a protections plan. Guess what i can take a 9 day cruise to the Bahamas for less! Ever wonder what the cost of these plans would be if they didn't drop a billion dollars a year in advertising.

Eventually, i will give in and join the masses of morons slow surfing the net!
But for now i'll enjoy watching traffic, waiting for the next moron in a Prius downloading I-tunes, drinking nonfat, no foam, sugar free I'm a loser latte careen into the guardrail!

No comments:

Post a Comment