Sunday, February 7, 2010

That's ENOUGH with the snow!

To all the "snowlovers" out there who keep asking for the DC and Northern Virginia areas to be hit with even MORE snow this week, despite the fact we just received two to three feet - prepare to be punched in the face by ME! I'm sorry that you don't like the "average" DC winter with only five inches of snow or so - but this area is simply not equipped to handle this much snow in such a short period of time.

I do not enjoy having a power outage that lasts for almost 24 hours, plunging the temperature of my house to 54 degrees. I do not enjoy having yet to see a plow on my street (thanks, VDOT!) which I could understand if they were focusing on the interstates and main roads. But, having driven on those today - go go gadget AWD - I'm certain that's not it! (And for DDOT - piling up giant mounds of snow in the major intersections? Really? THAT is your snow removal plan? How exactly do you expect that to work?)

And if I hear one more of you tell me to "make a snowman" or "enjoy the gossamer beauty" or "just relax and enjoy the slower pace of l ife" - you better be prepared for my response. I don't care if DC breaks its all-time snow record. I don't care that you don't enjoy the "average" DC winter here. And I sure as hell do not want to hear about how awesome another 3 feet of snow would be!

Having planned a 42-person Super Bowl party which had to be cancelled, I admittedly have a slightly biased viewpoint on this. Nonetheless, I stand by my rage against the snowlovers.

You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment