Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wow, that's an annoying commercial!

There's officially a new annoying commercial atop my list of least
favorite commercials ever. I really thought VW's "Panic Alarm"
commercial from last summer (the one where the prospective buyer
activates the horn-and-siren panic alarm in the VW dealership with a
ridiculous grin on his face, because apparently that will make me
want to buy a VW) would always reign supreme. But the new Staples ad,
with the asshat who repeatedly yells "Wow, that's a low price!" as
loud as he can, is the new number one. What brilliant ad agency came
up with this? It seems to run often late at night, which is really
fantastic when you happen to fall asleep while watching SportsCenter
and it startles you awake. Even if I did need office supplies first
thing the next morning, they sure as hell wouldn't be purchased from
Staples! I will now avoid the store on principle based on this
annoying as sh-- ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment