Friday, August 6, 2010

Don't block the #!@* box!

So as you may have heard, last night thunderstorms swept through the DC area right around 3:30 PM. Those of you familiar with DC will realize that any form of precipitation paralyzes the region's roads and rails. This includes rain. It also seems that downtown DC's traffic signals are allergic to water - as soon as the first raindrops fall, they either switch to yellow/red flash mode, or just give up completely and go dark.

However, my asshat(s) of the day goes to the drivers who decided, despite the fact that it was obvious that they couldn't make it through the intersection, that they would pull into it anyway. Blocking THREE lanes of cross-traffic, including yours truly, from making it across the intersection and on down the (otherwise
completely empty) avenue. For FOUR or FIVE light cycles. I lost track as I was sitting on my horn pissed off at your "me-first" shelfishness. And, to the bitch in the Prius who put her hands up as if to say "not my fault!" - it IS your fault, you twatwaffle. Don't pull into the m-fing intersection unless your little toy car can make
it out the other side. Driving 101.

It is evenings like last night (when it takes me two hours to get home, instead of the usual 30 minutes) that make me long for the days when I drove an old beater. I would have seriously considered RAMMING
SPEED and just pushing the offending Prius out of my way, GTA roadblock-busting style. Of course, if DC's MPD actually gave a sh1t, they might actually enforce laws such as don't block the box, speeding, reckless driving, etc. But they don't.

Side note: In the event of any sort of mass "evacuation" of DC, we're all epically f-d. Rain paralyzes everything. You might as well park your car, walk to the nearest bar, and enjoy the fireworks show. At least you'd go out doing something other than sitting in traffic, staring at brake lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment